Mon, 23 Oct|
The Barn Studio, The Old Farmyard
Active Birth Workshop
Learn simple and effective movements and positions with your partner so they can support you through your labour and birth with confidence!
Time & Location
23 Oct 2023, 19:00 – 21:00
The Barn Studio, The Old Farmyard, Hinton-in-the-Hedges, Brackley NN13 5PJ, UK
About the Event
This workshop will not teach you how to give birth but will teach you how to work with your body's own innate ability by understanding physiological birth; what it looks like, how it unfolds and crucially how to support it.
This workshop will be combining my hypnobirthing and pregnancy yoga knowledge to go on a deeper dive into the movements, positions and environment that you and your partner can utilise to your advantage in a physiological birth.
In this class you will:
- Discover the amazing physiology of labour and birth
- Understand your body – and why babies are born more easily in an active birth
- Practice positions and movements for labour and birth
- Practice effective breathing exercises and relaxation techniques
- How to use touch, massage and partner support
- How to combine an active birth with medical pain relief or interventions if you need them
- how your partner can support you at every stage
- tips and tricks for your birth environment
This will be a really practical session with lots of opportunity to practice and try techniques out, really exploring what works for you and your partner and taking away loads of knowledge to support you through your birth.
This is not a full antenatal course, but it will go into much more depth than we cover in weekly pregnancy yoga classes and give more time to explore the practical elements of the hypnobirthing course.
This is a great addition to pregnancy yoga and hypnobirthing, or a standalone class if you have not been to any antenatal classes.
Active Birth Workshop£39.00