Tue, 25 Jul|
The Old Farmyard
Yoga for Birth
Learn simple and effective movements and positions WITH your partner so they can support you through your labour and birth with confidence!
Time & Location
25 Jul 2023, 19:00 – 21:30
The Old Farmyard, Hinton-in-the-Hedges, Brackley NN13 5PJ, UK
About the Event
This workshop is for you AND your partner!
So you love yoga and you know that it includes some really great stuff that will be helpful for birth, but you're not sure that you will be able to remember it when you're in labour? Or perhaps you want to know a bit more about physiological birth and you want your partner to be able to support you with the same amazing knowledge?
In this session we will be learning about how yoga works for birth to get you and your birth partner feeling really confident tand ready to move your way through birth.
In this class you will learn all about:
- the stages of labour - what is happening and when
- active birth - what it means and why it is so advantageous
- different positions to try at different stages including towards the end of your pregnancy as well as through labour and birth
- how your partner can support you at every stage
- a range of different coping techniques
- how to adapt positions for epidural use
- tips and tricks for your birth environment
This will be a really practical session with lots of opportunity to practice and try techniques out, really exploring what works for you and your partner and taking away loads of knowledge to support you through your birth.
This is not a full antenatal course, but it will go into much more depth than we cover in the weekly pregnancy yoga classes. This is a great addition to pregnancy yoga, or a standalone class if you have not been to any yoga classes.
Yoga for birth£45.00